The videos that are created, can be measured to understand the audience’s behavior. As a part of Hosting and Analytics, StoryXpress offers detailed Analytics about the videos that are created.
How to review video analytics from your dashboard?
There are two ways to get analytics:
- To get individual analytics:
- Click on the Videos page >> Analytics option in the side menu.
- This window has a filter to put for sorting your stats for that particular video on the basis of the number of days (Lifetime, Last 30 days, Last 7 days and Today)
- The individual statistics page allows you to get information on the number of views, the play rate (i.e the ratio of the number of plays to that of the number of impressions) & the click-through rate (click to the link of the video to that of the number of users).
- There are detailed stats available such as the Audience Engagement Graph and the Heatmap.
2) To get a combined dashboard of the analytics
- Click on Analytics option in the Studio Bar (available in the sidebar on the left)
- You can sort your stats with the help of the filter right on the top on the basis of the number of days (Lifetime, Last 30 days, Last 7 days and Today)
- Following this, you can view the Number of views, Watchtime and the Average Watchtime with which your graph will change accordingly.
- The Top Videos (the videos which viewed the most) are also shown in the combined stats dashboard.
- Data is collected on the basis of location therefore, you can view the traffic data collected from various locations helping to understand the geographical engagement on your hosted videos.
- There are individual statistics available as well for the number of views, the play rate (i.e the ratio of the number of plays to that of the number of impressions) & the click-through rate (click to the link of the video to that of the number of users).
Want to know how a particular video is fairing with the audience?
Just take a look at our Audience Engagement Graph.
What is an Audience Engagement Graph?
This graph appears when you open the stats individually (i.e Hover on the video >> Stats)
It shows the percentage of engagement from the viewers at every second of the video that plays. It displays consolidated engagement.
Having difficulties with the heatmaps?
Want to explore and use them to gain an insight into consumers’ behavior & decision making?
To do that you will first have to know,
How to read the heatmaps?
The users are identified with the help of their unique IP Addresses, following which their last active status also appears. This also includes the browser, the operating system which was used by them along with the location where the user accessed it from.
Three colours are assigned as of now for the number of views per video, more than 2 views are shown in Red, 2 views are shown in Yellow and less than 2 is shown with green colour. The views vary from parts of the video.
The consolidated view is in the audience engagement graph which is derived from the total number of viewers on the list.
Gather more number of leads, increase engagement among viewers with the help of Annotations-
What are Annotations?
- Annotations are in the form of Button, Banner or Form
- These help to put across Call To Action in the videos or help videos to collect the customer information for reference later.
To add them follow these steps-
- Click on the videos tab >> select created videos >> Annotations (in the drop-down menu)
There are four types of annotation options available- Button, Banner, Form, Third-party Integrations
You wouldn’t want visitors to leave before giving you a thumbs up and so, here is a quick call to action Button, to urge prospects to take action.
What is a Button?
This feature allows you to add a quick Call-To-Action button on the video so that the customer is kept engaged plus it provides quick access to the relatable website since the URL is attached to it.
How to add the button feature on your uploaded video?
- Click on Videos (under the studio option) on your left-hand side.
- Created >> Annotations >> Button
- Enter the specifications of the Button (Position, Colour, Dimension, Content, Start-End Time)
- Click on Apply>> Changes are saved automatically
Absorb the details to help your business expand.
It’s time for the Banner to bring attention to what needs to be heard & seen!
What is a Banner?
The banner is added to the videos in order to convey some message to a customer. For Example, in videos where you need to let the customer know that there is a Click To Action over there a message is typed saying this video is shoppable. A banner helps to let the customer know about the important things in your video playing.
How to add a Banner on a video made by StoryXpress?
To add a banner to your video:
- Videos (under the dashboard option) >> Created >> Annotations >> Banner
- Fill in the position and dimensions, hit the apply button
- The preview is visible in the player present in the window.
What are forms in the Annotation?
Forms help you to add various questions which can be used for collecting data such as ratings or contact information etc. A maximum of four questions as of now. These questions can be in the form of Name, number or Email.
Finding it difficult to add forms to the videos?
Worry not, for we know just how to do that.
How to add forms on video made on StoryXpress?
To add forms following are the steps:
- Click on Videos on your left-hand side.
- Select Created video >> Annotations >> Forms
- Enter the fields of Forms and the type of questions you need to ask the viewers, using the ‘+’ icon you can add various fields which can be filled by the viewers.
- Changes are saved automatically